How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well BS continues .. Lawyer at 9pm Frid texts me ..1 hours

This answer was rated:

Well BS continues .. Lawyer at 9pm Frid texts me ..1 hours before answer is due,..Well lawyer filed a motion 1 hour before answer was due based on the Condominium suing me and not the condominium association ... there were a few other sloppy errors in their complaint making it difficult ( not really, technicalities) ti understand were the counterclaims against the condominium or the condominium association, as well as they used BOD's ... which we can't have .. we have a president ... blah blah .
Thank you for your new question.

If they refile the suit, they have to serve you the new suit just like they served the first one. The time to answer begins running again from receipt of service on the re-filed suit.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Motion to Dismiss and Alternative Motion for More Definite Statement..... this is what he filed ... So either one they would have to file against .. have summons issued etc etc... I'd rather not have to have them do this delays things further .. so even if the other lawyer just needs to change some wording around .. another summons is issued ...ugh ..not that I think they have much of a case .. but just in case they may win or an offset is part of final ruling, etc .. having their lawyer refile etc etc... I'd assume would be my cost .. well If I lose ... Does the judge not look at my lawyer filing this motion at the last minute as a sign of weakness in my case .... I'd now have time to get another lawyer .. but the current one is now claiming the total of $$$ I'd owe him is XXX .. so it seems like he know's his conduct basically calls for the complaint to the DC Bar and Malpractice suit, and he's dealing with this by filing a motion, getting more time .. now 9 months so that the malpractice case .. isn't really an option if he comes through and does the work ... does that logic make sense ... last questions ....

You can agree with the other party to allow them to make the changes and to waive service, but that is up to you and I would not suggest it just because you are in a hurry to get this over with. If you know they have no real case then be patient and make them file properly or face dismissal and fight their case and give yourself more time to get another attorney.

You need to tell him you will only pay him if he properly performs and does what he agreed to so, which to this point he has not done.