How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an eight year old daughter that lives in RichXXXXX, XXXXXt

This answer was rated:

I have an eight year old daughter that lives in RichXXXXX, XXXXXt Virginia who lives with her mother. I am trying to find a good attorney who will defend me in court to help me get custody rights. I am a disabled US Navy (OEF/OIF) veteran and currently work at the Mountain Home VAMC located in Johnson City, TN. However, I also have a criminal record to which I have not lost my parental rights to my daughter. My ex-wife is giving me a real difficult time with being a part of my daughter's life. How or what legal route should I take to get immediate results? Nevertheless, there is more to my legal situation. Please contact me by calling (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

I suggest that you will want to contact the W VA Bar Association for legal referral as that is where the attorney who represents you will need to be licensed.

Or if you do not want a local attorney, you can contact the clerk of the court in the county where the child lives and request the packet of documents to file for custody. And then file those, serve the Mother, the hearing will be set and then you both go in and argue why the child should be with you

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.
Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you