TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

Im thinking of filing small claims against a friend for monies

I'm thinking of filing small claims against a friend for monies owed, house and shed lock replacement, and the cost of a leather jacket (not a gift) the cost of ring borrowed (not a gift) they are on felony probration in georgia can this get them in any additional trouble ? I've tried other avenues to recover without any luck and can there wages be garnished?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: they are on felony probration in georgia can this get them in any additional trouble ?
A: No, civil issues won't get the person into trouble. Unfortunately, it is not a crime to refuse to return property.

Q: I've tried other avenues to recover without any luck and can there wages be garnished?
A: Yes, if you win a judgment in small claims court, then you can garnish wages, bank accounts, etc.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.