How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chris T., JD Your Own Question
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Chris T., JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgment against a woman that used to work for me.

This answer was rated:

I have a judgment against a woman that used to work for me. Last time around, year and a half ago, I wasn't able to collect because she claimed a head of household. Now, when attempting to serve her a deposition papers I have found out that this person has moved and have not notified her attorney about new address.
What are the consequences if any for moving (out of state) without notifying anybody about her new address?

TexLawyer :

Good evening. I'll be assisting you with your question.

TexLawyer :

Once the litigation has ended, a person does not have an obligation to inform their attorney or the court if the move.

TexLawyer :

Just owing money on a judgment does not create a legal obligation for her to update her address.

Chris T., JD and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you