Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

levy on my personal account. I own a small business.

Customer Question
I have a levy on...

I have a levy on my personal account. I own a small business. until now no levy on my business bank account. can they levy my business account? I owe them about 16000 dollars. I have several credit cards. I made a settlement with bank of America. I paid them 10% of the amount of 20,000.00 which about 2,000.00. They made the offer to me. I have another debt of about 11,000.00 with discover card. I offered them to pay only 10% they refused. I offered them $200.00 installment payment each month they refused that too. As you see, I have a debt around $60,000.00 remove bank of America 20,000 settlement, the remainder is about $40,000.00 I did not contact the judgement case until I seek an advice from Expert lawyer to make an offer to them. I might be able to offer up to 15% settlement only or a few payment of around $200.00 to each credit card. I think about 4 credit cards. My mind set to file bankruptcy if I could not make settlement in 30 days or less. I want to get over it as soon as possible.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2013
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 4 years ago
Richard, Attorney
Good morning. What kind of entity is your business? Thank you!
it is a sole proprietorship. no partners.
Thanks. I'm going to opt out. Given the time lapse from my original response and the fact that I'll be unavailable for the next couple hours, I believe you'll be better served by an expert with immediate availability so you don't have to wait longer. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Hi, My name is***** am a Licensed, Practicing Attorney and my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service and give you as much help as I can, but need a bit more information, if you do not mind.
Please number your answers to correspond with the following questions,
1. Who put a levy on your personal accounts ?
2. Did they sue you ?
3. If so, what was the amount of the judgment ?
Thank you and I will await your reply,
1- Kenneth J Miele bar #165730 Law Offices of Kenosian & Miele, LLP Los Angeles,CA
2- yes
3- $15,628.51 judgement
Let me again let you what I like to do:
Beside this judgment I have four more collections. The total of $40,000.00, One of them representing Bank of America about 21,000.00. They offered me a settlement of 90% discount. So I ended up baying them about $2,100.00 (10%).
What I would like to do is to offer the plaintiff max 15% which about $2344.00 or a monthly payment not more than $250.00 a month. I have to offer the rest of the collection agencies the same.
My question is:
Can I, if I go to court, tell the court I can offer a max 15% or a monthly payment of $250.00 a month and if they refuse I just want file bankruptcy. I do not want my business account to be subject to levy. So, I need your opinion in this matterBest Regards
Hameed Elgassier
Good evening, Hameed, Welcome back,I did not know what happened to you. I hope you do not disappear like that again for another 21 days, :)
You can go in and ask the Court anything you want, but the Judge is going to tell you that the lawyers already obtained a judgment against you and the Judge cannot force them to accept installment payments or to accept 15% of their judgment and he also cannot force them to remove the levy on your business account. I understand what you want to do, but that can only be accomplished, if the Attorneys accept your proposal. I understand what you want to do and I have told my clients many times to do this - "Tell the creditor, Here is what I have and here is how much I can pay you. If it is not acceptable, then I will file bankruptcy and you will get nothing". It certainly is worth trying, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers. Therefore, I had to tell you that the Judge cannot force them to take less than their Judgment and cannot force them to remove the levy from your business account. Hameed, Please be kind enough to give me a positive rating so that I can receive credit for researching your question and giving you Answers, otherwise I will not receive any credit for assisting you. thank you so much for understanding,
_________________________________________________________________________________
I realize that this is not exactly the Answer you were hoping for and it would have given me great pleasure to give you the Answer you wanted to hear, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers and information, so I am respectfully ***** ***** you not hold the Pennsylvania law applicable to your situation against me,
____________________________________________________________________________
Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,
Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,
ANDREA
I see that you have had the opportunity to review my Answer. Is there something that I can clarify for you? If not, please be kind enough to rate my service to you so that I can receive credit for researching your question and furnishing you with Answers and information, otherwise, I will not receive credit for assisting you, and that would not be fair to me. The deposit you made is with JustAnswer and it will not cost you anything additional to rate my service to you, but without a rating, I do not receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you for understanding,
____________________________________________________________________
ANDREA
Hello Andrea,Tell the creditor, Here is what I have and here is how much I can pay you. If it is not acceptable, then I will file bankruptcy and you will get nothing".
I pasted your reply above!
If I tell the creditor the above statement, and they refused. Then if I file a bankruptcy and I will, then the levy on my account after the bankruptcy will be removed or not?.thanks
Is it better and effective to let a lawyer to tell them or I call them myself?
Hello, Hameed, and Welcome back,
You posted your question on June 7, 2013 and said you wanted to settle this matter within the next 30 days. I have been assisting you since June and have Answered the questions you posted, yet you have not given me any rating,and as a result, I do not receive any credit for my time and effort in assisting you. The deposit you made was with JustAnswer and a rating would not cost you anything additional. But, without a rating,I receive no credit at all for for researching your questions and giving you full and complete Answers and that is not fair to me. I am willing to continue to assist you,but it is only fair that I receive credit for my time and effort. I hope you can understand.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney