How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102145
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a board-certified American Physician in Family Medicine

This answer was rated:

I'm a board-certified American Physician in Family Medicine for 25 years in LA have a winner big case against a Saudi Military Hospital.Would you recommend someone in USA or Saudi Arabia who can handle this case for a ercentage ASAP?,THX
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

I am sorry for your situation. Can you please tell me:

1) Where was the decision reached? In a US Court or a Saudi Court?
2) This Saudi Military Hospital is in Saudi Arabia, is it not?
3) Does it have any holdings or assets in the USA?
4) JustAnswer experts cannot refer to specific attorneys out of ethical considerations, but I can tell you how to find and "vet" one in the jurisdiction that you need, would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No decisions are made yet,no complaint was filed yet.It's in Saudi Arabia that I'm sure their military has assets in USA.I'm looking for an American Attorney like me who is working or his associates work in Saudi Arabia.My rights have been tremendously violated,details to follow with the right attorney.They think all foreigners are stupid especially if carrying a citizenship of Egypt like I did.Respond ASAP,THX

I am sorry to hear this.

JustAnswer experts cannot take a customer as a client, or, refer to specific attorneys out of ethical considerations, but I can tell you how to find and "vet" one in the jurisdiction that you need, would this be acceptable?

I can also explain how the different jurisdictions work together here.

Finally, where are you now - Saudi Arabia or US? If US, what state please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My son is LA,CA but I'm now in Saudi Arabia and soon in Kuwait after quiting,ACCEPTABLE.

Thank you, friend. Please give me a moment to type out my answer; apologies in advance for the momentary wait.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Understand that if they have wronged you in Saudi Arabia, then the jurisdiction to sue the hospital stays in Saudi Arabia, even if you are a US Citizen (there is an exception, see below). As such, you would need a Saudi attorney. As such, it is strongly recommended that you go off the list that the US Consulate provides for attorneys who speak English and have been vetted as qualified in Saudi Arabia - see here. A Saudi judgment may be domesticated and enforced in the USA as well.

If you feel that you could not get a fair trial in Saudi Arabia, then you can possibly then file in the USA. May I recommend the CA Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

You should pick an attorney who has experience dealing with international companies and cross-national legal matters.

Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)
Ely and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Sure - what do you wish to know, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm a doctor in LA Los Angeles for 25 yers who got convicted for 2 years in 1/2000,I escaped probation after 3 mon,I want get back without facing jail.


Optional Information:
What have you tried so far?: My only thing that I still carry is my Dr Lic XXXX,jailed in LA

Thank you for your follow up question.

If you have absconded probation, then the probation officer (PO) no doubt had the DA issue a warrant for your arrest since you have violated probation. In such scenarios, the Defendant (i.e. you) would face the original punishment in lieu of probation, and this may involve jail time.

If you enter the US, then the authorities at any entry point will likely flag your name due to the warrant, and you would be held and transported back to CA to stand trial.

As such, someone in your situation may wish to contact an attorney in CA and ask them to work on "quashing" your warrant and setting up a hearing date on your behalf so that you may (1) reenter without fear of being arrested, and (2) appear before the Court to deal with the matter.

Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm a good physician.I don't want to go to jail,but I want to come back to America,thx.

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please REPLY to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.