Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

can a deposition be canceled by email and then a copy of the

email sent to me?...
can a deposition be canceled by email and then a copy of the email sent to me? If the defense witness lied (told a totally different story of how my accident happened) can I do anything about it?
6/5/2013
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

A deposition which is properly noticed cannot be cancelled by email. It must be formally quashed by a motion to the court.

In regard to the second party of your question, the problem of a lying witness is a very common problem. The way to get around a witness lying is to show through questioning and documentary evidence that what the witness is saying is not true. However, in the end, the jury will be the judge of whether the witness is telling the truth or not. Its your job to ask the right questions about what the witness knows and point out the holes in the witness' testimony and the places where the witness is contradicted by other evidence.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
TexLaw
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney