How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9389
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my wife have just discovered that someone has filed

This answer was rated:

Me and my wife have just discovered that someone has filed a divorce in my name and has acess to our personal information. We also have learned that he/sheis trying to steal all our assets through this false marriage filing. We are in need of help on stopping this false divorce filing before it is to late.
I am sorry to hear this.

Have you filed a police report yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, We haven't.
I feel that I have to suggest that you do so. At a minimum, it sounds like someone committed forgery, fraud, and probably other crimes by doing what you described.

My opinion is that one simple way to but an end to the case might be for you and your spouse to jointly file a motion to dismiss the case using the Motion Packet
forms linked from

But I would speak with a detective first, they might want to have you play along until they can catch someone red handed filing another forged document in your case. There may already be security camera footage from the Courthouse that will reveal who did this. So I believe the first step would be to contact law enforcement, but as the terms of use of this site state, that is not legal advice, but it is my honest opinion.

You can get a free consultation from some of the divorce lawyers listed by location at

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for accepting my answer, and thank you very much for the bonus!