How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in Illinois last year 2012 to be exact and went to the

This answer was rated:

I was in Illinois last year 2012 to be exact and went to the hospital complaining about a cold soar in my mouth. They did not find anything after I went to the ER several times and was given a clean bill of health. I went abroad for a couple of days well planned to at least. I got sicker and (got a biopsy that I did not get here in the states) diagnosed with pemtigus Vulgar a skin disease for that reason I have several health complications. Should I get a biopsy now that I am being treated by the same hospital that made the mistake should I deiced to sue / it is not necessary the one from abroad is sufficaint?



I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you information in this regard


I am sorry to hear about this situation you are in.


So you want to know if a biopsy from the other country will be sufficient to file a lawsuit on, is that your question?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes? Elaborate please



Thank you


Well, the basis for a mal practice lawsuit is the negligence or lack of reaching standard of care And so, if you repeatedly went to the ER and no doctor recommended the biopsy then it could be a lack of meeting the standard.


Therefore, I suggest your condition and the biopsy from another country would be sufficient. However, if you are going to sue the doctors, hospital I suggest you will want to have a consultation with a local attorney because this is not something you will want to do on your own. And that attorney will want to review all your medical records here and from the other country and they may want you to have other medical tests done.


I do not see that you should allow this hospital now to do a biopsy without first consulting with a local attorney

Please note that I can only answer what you ask and so if you have more questions or need clarification, please ask it here. Otherwise, I thank you in advance for a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The hospital is treating me and has been taking several blood works to check if the medication is damaging or interfering with other organs. Should I be worried that they might be pulling a fast one on me?


I suggest you may want to see the local attorney If you are considering a lawsuit and let the local attorney decide how to proceed. But I also suggest that you do not stop any treatment currently going on unless a local attorney tells you too

Sam and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you