Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

For ANDREA ONLY Hi Andrea, As you recommended, I hired

Customer Question

For ANDREA ONLY

Hi Andrea,
As you recommended, I hired a lawyer, and he is saying that the contractor's lawyer is crazy and nut for enforcing the mechanic's lien (which he did). My lawyer filed a Motion to Dismiss and started another case suing him for damages.

Consumer protection closed my complaint case because the contractor told them there is a law suit going which supersede their authority.

I was able to involve one of the county commissioners who put pressure on the department to review the case.
The consumer protection department head, suggested to re-write the complaint and to focus more on the facts that the contractor done work out of his license scope (he has an installer license not a general contractor) , didn't apply for the appropriate permit, didn't submit a structure engineer plan to the city as required, CONCEALED work, and abandoning work. He also stressed the importance of stressing what I want the outcome of the licensing board' decision to be : going after his license for delivering very poor workmanship, and violating the city and the county ordinances . Furthermore, the county dispatched two code enforcement inspectors and they both were surprised by the poor workmanship of the contractor and his aggressiveness.
I would appreciate if you would help me draft a strong letter/complaint with all the given facts so I can submit to the county Licensing and permitting department
Thank you
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.

I will send Andrea a message saying that your question awaits her. She will see it when she next checks her email.

Thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
perfect, thank you
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
You're very welcome!
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Hi, and Welcome back to JustAnswer, Thank you for requesting me,

I posted an Information Request last evening, but I do not see it here. The site has been experiencing some tech problems for two weeks now and we often lose information requests and Answers we send to customers, and yours was yet another one that was lost and is now floating around in cyberspace.

I am not surprised at what you wrote because I realized from the outset that neither the contractor (and I am usung the term loosely), nor his lawyer are based in reality and their actions prove it. I will be glad to look over your letter, how far have you gotten and what is your time frame ?

ANDREA