How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16720
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an 18 year old boy is charged with saugetory sexual asault

This answer was rated:

If an 18 year old boy is charged with saugetory sexual asault for having sex with a 14 year old girl and has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, is there anyway to remove this from his record? For example: if he stays clean for 25 years?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, under the current law, someone who is required to register for lifetime as a sex offender would not be eligible to terminate this sex registration requirement or to have such statutory rape conviction removed from the convicted person's record.

The only possible option might be to file petition for a full pardon from the governor and if granted the person would be forgiven for the crime and would not longer have to register or suffer any consequences related to the conviction, but unfortunately there is very little chance of getting such full pardon for a statutory rape conviction.

I am sorry to give you this tough news, but I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. Is statutory sexual assualt the same as statutory rape?


Thank you for your follow up.

Yes. In some states rape is classified as sexual assault.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand that a 18 year old male should not be having sex with a 14 years old girl. However, they were both willing. Now the male is placed in the grouping as child molesters. This is not right.


I completely understand your frustration and can see how this situation might not seem fair, but unfortunately, the law is the law, and there is not much that either one of us can do to change it.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you