How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33405
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a home health agency and am taking a pharmacy to small

This answer was rated:

I own a home health agency and am taking a pharmacy to small claims court for not paying us for nursing services we provided in Texas. My question is: can I use patient information in the case when presenting evidence to the judge?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

Yes, HIPAA doesn't prevent the use of information in court cases but what you should do is file a motion with the court and ask the court if you can submit the information "under seal" and have an order entered where that information is protected from public disclosure.

Dwayne B. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you