Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney
Experience:  Practicing law since 2000.
23192590

Am considering joining a "class action suit" for a medical

Customer Question

Am considering joining a "class action suit" for a medical problem, Texas. Have contacted a firm, and would like to know id there is a website that will allow me to evaluate their performance, similar to the BBB.
Expert:  Attorney Wayne replied 4 years ago.

Attorney Wayne :

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system until satisfied. Instead, please click CONTINUE CONVERSATION for more info.

Attorney Wayne :

Hello. Thanks for contacting us.

Attorney Wayne :

There are a few good sources for this kind of information.

Attorney Wayne :

I would start with the database lawyers use to check out potential co-counsel and referrals when they don't know of someone right away: http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

Attorney Wayne :

At Martindale.com, there are both peer ratings and client ratings of lawyers. I tend to like peer ratings as a gauge, but clients do know when someone handled the case to their liking -- but beware that some people rate lawyers on outcomes, not on skill. Lawyers who take on hard cases often don't win -- but if they win sometimes, that's a sign of a good lawyer (even if clients are disappointed with losses).

Attorney Wayne :

At the Martindale site, you enter either a lawyer's name and city, or the law firm name and city to find out if there are any ratings.

Attorney Wayne :

Another possibility (for client viewpoints, only) is to simply do a web search (google, bing etc). It will often turn up comments from clients. But please remember that, as with reviews of stores or restaurants, people who may not be satisfied tend to be more motivated to post something derogatory than are those who are satisfied to post something encouraging.

JACUSTOMER-csr87tdw- :

Many trhanks, I now have a possible path to find out the evaluation of the potential firm/lawyers.

JACUSTOMER-csr87tdw- :

Many thanks. I now have a path to follow to review possible4 capabilitie4s of the firm/lawyers. Take care.

Attorney Wayne :

You might also check news stories (also with a web search). You can find out if the lawyers have won any high profile cases that got reported on. These type of situations can be helpful because the defendant in a class action is apt to be more intimidated into settling with a lawyer or firm that has a track record of winning the big case, than with an unknown entity. (Although it does not provide much knowledge about the lawyer's skills).

Attorney Wayne :

I wish you every success in this effort!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Website was inadequate. Attempting to use peers would not go beyond the letter B, and I was looking for a firm's two attorneys with the letter D.

Looking under clients, they were not listed at all.

Frustrating.

Therefore assistance was inadequate, and would have been frustrating to continue request for assistance.

Sorry.

Sorry. Those are the best resources available. If you'd like me to ask Customer Service to refund deposit, please let me know.