How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a lawyer was not done a good job. how do I make a compl

This answer was rated:

If a lawyer was not done a good job. how do I make a complain?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

What exactly did the attorney fail to do? What did you expect and what did he accomplish? Did he simply do a poor job or did he make errors and potentially commit malpractice? Please advise!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he did investigate the cause and completed the litigation process in court. Then too many postpone trial date with changing different lawyer.

And, as a plaintiff, I did ask for judgment from court, there are no responses. He told me going to Court and ask myself. I don't know how to do so.

My apologies on your difficulty. But other than you feeling that this attorney did not do a good job, did he actually ruin your case or make mistakes? Does he work for someone or is he a sole practtioner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He told me he is not a lawyer, 64 year old, he used to be ceo of a law firm, he got many deferent associates who work for him, I don't know how many with him now. If he wouldn't continue with the case, he got to hand over for someone who will. I don't want to lose the case for this reason.

Thank you for your patience

If he is not a lawyer, he cannot represent you. That is UPL or Unathorized Practice of Law. Something along that magnitude must be reported to the state bar's disciplinary board. But if he has found an associate to work for you, and he is still a practicing attorney, then there is no issue--so long as the attorney he found is competent, there is no violation. That does not generally loses cases, many attorney sub-contract their work, or if one firm, have different parties on staff handle different concerns. The incoming attorney would ask from the courts a short continuance (delay) during which time he can familiarize himself with the case and then go forward if needed.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you