How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 102320
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

im on parole. they called me in to report today. i had a doctors

This answer was rated:

im on parole. they called me in to report today. i had a doctors appointment at the same time. they told me it didnt matter. i was feeliung terrible. uncontrollable diarrhea, vomiting, etc. i have a parasite infection which ive been battling. documented.
when i got there i told them i couldnt wait to go. they said they didnt care. i soiled my pants terribly. told them that and they said it was probably my heroine addiction. never been charged with drug offense. never tested positive. then made me stand there
with feces down to shoe. after at least five minutes they took me to restroom. then called all the officers to come look and listen and laughed histarically. called an ambulance for me and still said it was drugs. my girlfriend witnessed it all. do i have
Hello friend. My name is ***** ***** welcome to Pearl. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.
I am very sorry for your situation. Here, you may indeed have a case. To sue in a state court, one needs to have a "cause of action." There are numerous causes of action, such as "breach of contract," "negligence," "fraud," "unjust enrichment," etc., as well as causes of action rooted in statutory law. Every state has their own although they are very similar to each other in every state.
Here, you may have a case for intentional infliction of emotional distress. The elements of a cause of action for intentional infliction of
emotional distress are:
(1) the defendant acted intentionally or recklessly,
(2) the conduct was extreme and outrageous,
(3) the acts of the defendant caused the plaintiff to suffer emotional distress; and
(4) the emotional distress suffered by the plaintiff was severe.
Kroger Tex. Ltd. Partnership v. Suberu, 216 S.W.3d 788, 796 (Tex.2006); Twyman v. Twyman, 855 S.W.2d 619 (Tex.1993).
Here, the PO arguably acted recklessly/intentionally, the mater was extreme and outrageous, and you suffered serve emotional distress due to it.
It is recommended that you contact an attorney. May I recommend the Texas Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP. Many attorneys will take this on a contingency basis, meaning they do not get paid unless you do. Usual set up is their take is 33% settlement, 40% win at trial, 45% at appeal; plus some office costs. Everything is negotiable.
Good luck.
I hope this finds you well. Please click Continue the Conversation to keep talking, or rate my answer when we are finished. Please rate my answer three stars or higher when ready – I do not get credit for my time with you unless you do. I work very hard to formulate an informative answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so, the fact that im on parole doesnt take away those basic rights? is it something i should honestly persue? it was humiliating. im scared of repurcussions
How much longer do you have parole, friend?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
6 months
Okay, good.
so, the fact that im on parole doesnt take away those basic rights?
No, it does not. Even prisoners (and you are not a prisoner) have rights and could sue for things like these.
is it something i should honestly persue? it was humiliating. im scared of repurcussions
You may wish to WAIT until your parole is over. If you only have six months left, you can do so, because the statute of limitations for intentional infliction of emotional distress in Texas is two years. Bhalli v. Methodist Hosp., 896 S.W.2d 207, 211 (Tex. App.- Houston [1st Dist.] 1995, writ denied). So you would still have time to file a claim once your parole is over.
Gentle Reminder: Please use the CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks for your time. im gonna pursue. and, im gonna do it now. six months is a vacation.
You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three stars and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please reply to keep on chatting – I want you to be satisfied.
Ely and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions