How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Live in OH, purchasing house in KY, plans are to purchase in

This answer was rated:

Live in OH, purchasing house in KY, plans are to purchase in my name alone. Our will provides for husband if I'm deceased first. Reason for relinquishing curtsey rights is due to adult children from previous marriage. How best to handle this?

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service, Thank you for your question,



As between you and the seller, you would want to get a Warranty Deed.


As between you and your husband, you should enter into an "Ante Nuptial Agreement". This is the same as a pre-Nuptial Agreement, but many times the couple is too busy and simply puts it off, but it is no big deal. It spells out the rights of both parties and what they are foregoing and the reasons. They are valid and enforcible,





Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,



Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,




Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of assistance,





Andrea, Esq. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you