Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

WE FILED A COMPLAINT AGAISNT HOSPITAL1 FOR TRANSPORT

WE FILED A COMPLAINT AGAISN'T...

WE FILED A COMPLAINT AGAISN'T HOSPITAL1 FOR MAKING US TRANSPORT HIM TO A HOSPITAL 2.5 HOURS AWAY(HOSPITAL2) FROM OUR HOME .WILL (HOSPITAL1) BITE , ESPECIALLLY SELF .MY WIFE WASN'T GIVEN A VEST DURING XRAY OF SON AFTER HIM SWALLOWING NAILS. FIGHTING US HE TAKES HAND TO HAND COMBAT TO RIP TEAR AND PINCH YOURS AND OTHERS HANDS AND OCCASIONALLY GOES TO OCCASIONALLY SCRATCH FACES. WHILE IM COMBATING SON ALONE WHILE ME AND WIFE REQUESTED THAT I GET ASSISTANCE TO CONTROL MY SON DURING MY MEETING, I REQUESTED THAT HE BE SUDATED, I REQUESTED A PRIVATE ROOM,AND FOR THE MEETING WITH HOSPITAL COMPLAINTS PERSON WHILE COMBATTING HIM DURING MEETING)THEY TOOK IT REAL PROFESSIONALLY,AND SERIOUSLY HA,HA. IM JUST BEGGINIG TO TELL ALL THIS SO RRY

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/29/2013
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

This is a horrible experience you went through. It should have been the hospital personnel that should have stepped in to restrain him if needed or to sedate him. Malpractice claims, which is what this is considered, will still require you to get yourself a medical expert to testify on your behalf that the conduct of the hospital in making you take your son to a hospital 2.5 hours away and not properly restraining your son with sedation and not properly protecting your wife in x-ray. These are all things that they were supposed to do, but you need a medical expert to testify that they acted below the reasonable standard of care in failing to do. A medical expert has to testify as to what the actual reasonable standard of care is.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

THE HOSPITAL1 WROTE ME A LETTER STATING:

DEAR SUCH AND SUCH:

"THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADDRESS CONCERNS REGARDING (YOUR SONS) EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT.

YOUR FORMAL GRIEVANCE HAS BEEN TAKEN UNDER CONSIDERATION FOR FURTHER ADVISEMENT. WE APPRECIATE ANY OPPORTUNITY FOR US TO IMPROVE OUR SERVICES AND PROVIDE QUALITY CARE OUR CUSTOMERS EXPECT AND DESERVE.TEC..........

Thank you for your response, that is simply them trying to be nice to you.

You need to file your complaint to the Department of Health and Hospitals at the very least. Also, if your son suffered any injury or you suffered any injury as a result of their negligence, you need to consider suing for malpractice for their negligence.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney