Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a Pakistani Muslim who wants to marry a Muslim Malaysian

I am a Pakistani Muslim who wants to marry a Muslim Malaysian girl.I am already married and my wife is not ready to give me permission.we are working in Saudi Arabia at present but would like to settle in Malaysia. Kindly advise.Thanks.
Mr.Ashraf.
Thank you for your question. You have not given us much information to work with nor a very clear direction about what you expect from our service, but I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

While polygamy is permissible under the law, it still requires spousal consent as I am very sure you know. The problem is your wife not giving consent does not leave you many options other than considering a divorce under the Muslim Family Laws, which you know can be done solely on your will without court intervention (unlike a wife who cannot divorce only on their own discretion). Thus, if she will not give permission, you would have to consider pursuing a divorce and dissolving your first marriage. That is one option.

The second option is to continue the relationship as it is now and keep negotiating with your first wife to consent to the second marriage.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”