Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Recently I found out that my husband was having an affair with

his personal assistant. I was...
Recently I found out that my husband was having an affair with his personal assistant. I was just lucky enough to catch him in in time. Had I been 4 days late, he would have been engaged to that girl . I am a Muslim and according to syariah law if he was engaged he would be bound by conract to marry her. I forced him to break off their relationship the same day I found out about it. Now their relationship is over. We have been married for 23 years with 3 beautiful kids. He is a good husband, father, provider and a pious person. I was shocked when I found out about this because he is a very loving person and yet he had the heart to break my heart. For the past 23 years, I trusted him 100 percent. We shared a lot in common and I thought we were soulmates. He claims that he has regretted his stupid action and wanted to move on. What I am worrid about is if it happen again. The girl was willing to be his second wife becuase he can afford to. Now, my question is, what action should I take to ensure that in the future if infidelity happens again by either each of us, the person who betray the matrimonial relationship will have no rights to our possessions like money, business, investment, etc, instead the possessions wil go to the victim 100percent?
5/23/2013
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

Iam sorry to hear what your husband has done and I can only imagine the devastating effect it has had on you. If you want to be protected from a property standpoint andyour husband iswilling to sign an agreement, then you can have a lawyer prepare something called a "Property Settlement Ante Nuptial Agreement". "Ante Nuptial" means "After the Marriage". Many couples sign this type of Agreement and it is 100% valid and the Courts will enforce it, should it be necessary to take the other party to Court. But, what the Court likes to seeand has less of a problem enforcing these Agreements, is where each party states in the Agreement that they have been advised by their own lawyer before signing the Agreement. Therefore, it is suggested and advisable thhat each of you consult with a different lawyer and state that in the Agreement. Everything will be fine,

______________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate "Excellent Service" so that I receive credit

for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to be of assistance,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney