Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
3396227

what is the legal age in ar to drop out of school and take

what is the legal age in ar to drop out of school and take ged with parents permission
Dear JACUSTOMER - Compulsory education in Arkansas is from 5 to 17 years of age so at 17 the child can drop out of school without permission from the school.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the school is saying i can not dropout until 18 i only need 1 more credit i will be 18 in dec and want to go ahead and get my ged
Here's a link to the statute. It is clearly 17.
http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-6/subtitle-2/chapter-18/subchapter-2/6-18-201/
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i get the school to let me drop out i only have a few more days do i go or just tell them i am droping out they say i need a paper from school to sign up for ged
I would show them a copy of the statute I sent to you. Apparently they don't know the law.