How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a neuro problem that sent me

Customer Question

I have a neuro problem that sent me to pain specialist MD. He prescribed oxicodone,and oxicodone with many appoints the mgs went up. This went on for about 4years. Last doses were 40mgs twice and day and 20mgs of the other as needed,maybe once twice a day. I never over did with the meds as prescribed.
3 months ago my teeth which are not in the best health,started chipping away. I saw seeing a DDS at the time to repair my teeth.
No Dr explain to me about this side effect. Since I cut down on the meds I feel somewhat better. Ihad to detox myself in a hospital ,which did not consider me a addict, I took meds as prescribed.
Know I cannot afford to have my teeth repaired ,way to much money. I am 66 years old and on Medicare ,which has no Dental
I call NYU school of Dentistry still cost a fortune. But if I had Medicaid it would be free.
Is there anything I could do against the Dr and his Medical Corparation.

Thank you
Saverio XXXXX. Nickname Sonny.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 : Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and and I look forward to assisting you today.
JD 1992 : You have a potential case for medical malpractice and possibly one for a products liability case.
JD 1992 : However, it may be hard to find a lawyer to take the case.
JD 1992 : These kinds of cases are extremely expensive to pursue from a lawyer's point of view. The experts alone can cost $50-100k and there is no way to purse the case without having experts.
JD 1992 : That means that a case would need to have likely damages of $500k or more before it would be economically feasible to pursue.
JD 1992 : Most lawyer don;t charge for the first visit and so it is definitely worthwhile to speak to one in your area but they are likely going to tell you that while you may have a cause of action it is not a case that they can pursue.
JD 1992 : The website is showing you are offline so I will exit so I can assist other customers. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you have in this thread. However, please do not issue a rating until our interaction is complete and all of your questions have been answered.
JACUSTOMER-1zemyvyk- : Did not help me at all I understood what he recommended before . Not satisfied with ans
JACUSTOMER-1zemyvyk- : Not satisfied with tha answer. I understood this before I asked
JACUSTOMER-1zemyvyk- : I am not satisfied with this answer as it is to general . And i knew this before hand
JD 1992 : I'll opt out but we have no way of knowing what you do and do not know if you don't tell us and you didn't indicate you knew any of this when I answered. Your question was answered correctly and to the point.
JACUSTOMER-1zemyvyk- : Sorry for not knowing everything but I found no help here
JACUSTOMER-1zemyvyk- : Sorry bit I was not satisfied also did not stay on line to chat and maybe help me understand a little better.