How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31783
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i had a civil case w\against verizon more thn 5yrs my lwyer

Customer Question

i had a civil case w\against verizon more thn 5yrs my lwyer i paid never settled tjhe the case i ws offer 5thousnd o refused my lawyer moverd and never contacted me =i dont knowwho to contact-i hv been disabled for 10yr now-i sthere anything i can do-i hv inquirede beg\fore on internet but i hv no money so noone responded=i understand if you dont either just thought i would try.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

The first thing you would need to do is contact the court clerk's office where your case was filed to see if it has been dismissed. USUALLY, a court clerk will dismiss a lawsuit if it sits dormant for 12 months or more. If your case has been dismissed, then it's not likely that you could do anything because of the time that has passed - - which means that the statute of limitations has expired.

However, if your case has not been dismissed, it is possible that you could pick the case back up and try to proceed - - but, it would be hard to do.

If you contact the clerk's office, they can tell you where the case stands - - whether it has been dismissed or not.