How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20299
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my girlfriend had the worst credit , score 345 ! and when we

This answer was rated:

my girlfriend had the worst credit , score 345 ! and when we went to buy, I co-signed, but the bank said no, I had to buy the car myself!! so she is paying me..(STUPID ME!)...We signed a contract between us as we were in a intimate lasted two years and we have broken up now!!..duh!! and I want out , I need her to have her parents, or another friend to buy out this loan and let me get away from her..she has threaten to give back the car!!, and break our contract..I cant afford her car payment too..

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what your specific legal question is? Also, how is the car titled (your name only, both your names as and/or, or in her name only)? Who has possession of the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Legal ownership and the bank!! ... registration is mine..Car insurance, mine with her added on. She has car and is paying monthly payments which are always late and or short $100.00 , this is every month habit..then I cover the rst and I fight to get payed back ..she always owes me back dollars, now it$450.00
Hello again and thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, as you may know, the bank will not let you out of this debt unless you pay it off. You cannot, per se, legally force her or her family to pay you for the vehicle or refinance in their name. Not directly anyway. However, you can take the vehicle back since it is yours. Then you have the choice of either selling it and paying off the loan or, if you don't have enough money to pay off the loan, letting the bank repossess it. That though, as you may suspect, will then mess up your credit score/report.

There really isn't any other option to resolve this unfortunate situation that you and your ex-girlfriend got yourselves in. It is a sad fact that these sorts of situations occur often and they are messy and not easily resolved. If her parents are reasonable people and want to help out, then you can always try talking to them about arranging a refinance or buyout. This is your car though so you have an absolute right to it.

Please let me know if you need any clarification or have a specific follow up question for me. I would be glad to try to assist you further if I can.
Marsha411JD and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ugly...I will have to suck it up..and hang in there as she is making payments to me , and hope she continues, showing integrity and honesty..thanks
You're welcome. Ultimately, if she doesn't and you suffer monetary damages because of that, you can sue here in small claims court for those losses.
Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the legal answer I provided to you on the 17th. The Site has been a little buggy lately so the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings that the customer thinks have gone through. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.