Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can I be sure that the percent of shares I am supposed

to have in a Limited...
How can I be sure that the percent of shares I am supposed to have in a Limited Liability Company are actually in my name, for sure, as they are supposed to be?
5/16/2013
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney

TMcJD : Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.
TMcJD : The Operating Agreement Generally Has An Exhibit That Lists Ownership Interests. There May Be A Separate Document But I've Never Seen An Owner RecOrd That Wasn't Part Of The Operating Agreement
Customer: I see. Then is the operating agreement something filed with the secretary of state or county recorder, or is it something that is simply kept with the company books and records?
TMcJD : It is simply a private document kept with the company records. The secretary of state does not keep a complete record of owners. That is an internal, private matter with the company.
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney