How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20395
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need information regarding tort claim act/Goveernment tort

This answer was rated:

I need information regarding tort claim act/Goveernment tort liability. Can you help?

Also I need formms to filel.

Ruth Crumley

Thank you for your question. Can you tell me what it is you need to know about the Federal Tort Claim Act and some brief background? I also understand you want a link to the form, which I can do for you. But if you have another question, please ask it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am requesting for my son who want to file against a judge
So, do you only need a link to the forms or what?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure what you need. I do need forms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That would be a good place t start
Alright Ruth, well I can give you a link to the forms but if you need other information, then I need the rest of my information request answered. In particular the background facts. In any event, if this is a Federal judge, he can file a FTCA claim if he is alleging that judge acted negligently or wrongfully (criminally) in their action against your son. However, if this is an issue of something that happened at trial and the judge was not negligent or criminal in their action, then this is not an issue that can be handled by the Federal Tort Claim Act, but instead must be handled by his attorney in the criminal appeal process.

In any event, you can see the Form (Standard Form 95) by going to:

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions. I would be glad to assist you further if I can. Please also keep in mind that I don't know what you don't tell me, so if you need more information, I will need background information to go with it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am noto sure I can answer, He was denied a witness that he requested and the Judges denid his appeal, which was not even considered.
Well in that case, if the case goes against him, he will need for his attorney to file an appeal with the appellate court and cite the witness denial as a reason for the appeal. That though would not be a Federal Tort Claim issue, but instead a regular litigation issue that is handled with appeals to higher courts when the time is right. His attorney can explain that to him. If he doesn't have one, he can sit down with one for a consultation to go over the issues, even if he doesn't ultimately hire them to represent him.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He has no attorney and no means to get one. He is incarcerated and is filing his own claim. I know what is said about being your attorney. However, that is what he has to do and any infornation that you could give regarding forms to file a claim with the State of Florida would be helpful.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, this Site, of which I am a User like you, does not allow me to provide legal advice, since I cannot form an attorney-client relationship with you or your son. I couldn't begin to assist him with an appeal anyway, even if they would allow it, without knowing all of the facts and having his file in front of me. If he has no money for an appeal, he can still qualify for free legal assistance with his appeal through the public defender system. If he was tried in State court, then he will need to contact the public defender in the county where he was tried. They can get him to the right attorney. He can find that list at:

If he was tried in Federal Court, then he needs to contact the Federal Public Defender's Office for the District he was tried in.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what I need is forms to file a tort claim in the State of Florida. He doesn't want a Public Defender (that is what got him where he is). All I am lookking for at this time is forms with instructions to file.
Alright, well I gave you the only "tort" form that there is. This is the link again:
The form is self explanatory
Marsha411JD and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think that what you gave me was for a Federal claim. I need a form to file with the State of Florida
There is no form in Florida. It is a law suit that must be filed with petitions, etc. As I mentioned before though, this is not a tort claim act issue, but is instead something that must be appealed through the criminal justice system. I gave you the links to the Florida Public Defender Offices who can help your son find an pro bono attorney to file an appeal for him. That though is all I can do. Unfortunately, I can't provide you with something that doesn't exist.