How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalKnowledge Your Own Question
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27564
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalKnowledge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

when should an attorney be retained for a legal problem

This answer was rated:

when should an attorney be retained for a legal problem
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. Would you mind sharing with me what type of legal problem this would be in relation to and what, if anything, has happened with the other party?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Embezzlement complete silence
John, thank you for the additional information. If the issue is related to embezzlement, which would likely be filed as a criminal charge, it would be best to retain a criminal defense attorney at this time. The reason being, is that the employer is likely to 1) try and contact and speak with you about the situation or 2) turn the matter over to the police to investigate. In either case, you can advise and direct the party to speak with your attorney, who is representing you in the matter. The attorney can, at your discretion, try and resolve this, without any criminal charges being filed, if the employer is willing to settle this with payment of the amount taken, assuming that there is evidence of this. If the accused did nothing wrong, then they should not pay or settle on anything and should be willing to fight this. If the party is being sued, civilly, they would want to retain counsel once they are served with the summons and complaint, since it would need to be responded to within 20 or 30 days. The attorney would need to file an answer and raise any defenses, so they need time to file a response. It does not hurt to retain counsel as soon as possible, assuming the funds are available to do so. If not, they can wait until 1) they are served with a summons and complaint or 2) contacted by the police, so they do not spend the money on an attorney and nothing ever comes from the accusation.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

LegalKnowledge and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your advise was excellant. i may have several questions in the future iwant to know about some sight navagations and if the advice is 40 per question,$40 per month and are there questions I can ask with out being charged
You are welcome. As far as billing and subscriptions, you would need to contact customer service and speak with them about that issue. I am always here to help but have no control over such billing issues.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I,ve learned more about you site, and I hoped that i compensated you properly Is there a way
to put together a legal team to share there opinion on the same question Idown mean to foster compitation I just appeciate a slightly different prospective on the same question
Yes, I have been compensated. If you wanted a second opinion, you would just need to post a new question. Depending on how you signed up for the site, there may be an additional charge to ask this to another expert.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if you are not legally allowed to be compensated for time spent can you be legally compensated by other means like expenses.
I am not sure I understand what you are asking now.