How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

reporting a coworker for a sexual assault

This answer was rated:

I'm thinking of reporting a coworker for a sexual assault that happened July 3, 2012. I need to know exactly how long I have to decide. THanks

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

Are you planing to make your report to the police to have it prosecuted as a criminal matter?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, i was told a civil complaint is another option but i don't know if that's realistic b/c he doesn't have that much money. i don't know how many lawyers would want to take that up, and I can't afford high attorney fees either.

Thank you for your follow up.

The Statute of Limitations to file a criminal complaint for a sexual assault, which is a felony is 6 years from the time it took place, so you do have plenty of time to file this report, however the more time passes the more difficult it gets to prosecute such crimes and less likely the DA would be willing to pursue criminal charges against the perpetrator of this terrible crime.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions