How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16721
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

moved in w boyfriend. No rental agreement. He is in current

This answer was rated:

moved in w boyfriend. No rental agreement. He is in current foreclosure on home, he pays no mortgage. Items were broken in an argument after he asked me to leave during the first week. Ex-bipolar. He threatens to sue for items s/a hole in bathroom door, broken tv that was old, and given to him free, pain and suffering, etc. It is his word against my word as to who broke what. What are my obligations for repair since there is no proof of who put the hole in the door. My possessions are still in the home. What is the best way to get my possessions s/a a washer and dryer.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Basically you can file a small claims lawsuit against your ex and sue him for the value of the washer and dryer that he is trying to keep for himself.

The judge will hear from both sides and will make a decision on the case.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you