How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16713
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner has a conviction that he is unable to travel to

This answer was rated:

My partner has a conviction that he is unable to travel to Australian on his NZ passport. We have been waiting since January. Is there any other process we can follow or continue to wait. I work in Melbourne and would like him to visit
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


You're welcome.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about your partner's unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, if your partner has a criminal conviction that prevents him from entering Australia without a special visa, there is not much else that can be done, except for your partner to apply for such visa, which I understand has been done and wait for an interview at the Embassy at which time a decision would be made whether your partner would be eligible for such special visa, which is granted at the consular officer's discretion.

Unfortunately, there is no set time for the review and issuance of such special visa and it is done on the case by case basis, so I am afraid that the only option that exist is to simply wait for the Embassy to contact your partner.

I wish you and your partner the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16713
Experience: Experienced Licensed Attorney
Alex J. Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Related Legal Questions