How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Hammer O'Justice Your Own Question
Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4498
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Hammer O'Justice is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was leaving the Emerald club on May 4.They said i had to

This answer was rated:

I was leaving the Emerald club on May 4.They said i had to leave. Remember walking in here and going to rest room. Once I came out took a drink and evlechile was on a wrecker,they took me to a hosentslessly. I was charged my dwi. I have black out on beer 54 yr male. The next day I did not feel like myself. I think I was drugged. The person I hit had no licsense or insurenace.I never remember hit that car starting my car nothing

So that I can best help you, what is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what I'm I facing was charged with dwi but think I was drugged in the club will my blood show that

Thank you for the clarification.

Assuming that this is your first offense, the penalties are as follows:
* 48 hours to 11 months, 29 days in jail (unless your test was .20 or higher--then it is a minimum of 7 days in jail)
* DUI school
* 1 year license revocation
* $350-$1500 fine, plus any restitution (if any) coming out of the accident
* Ignition interlock on your vehicle (this is not mandatory but a judge may order it)
* Alcohol treatment (again, not mandatory but the judge may order it)

If they took blood from you, then they should be able to test it for the presence of drugs. However, it may depend on what they are screening for. If they are only screening for alcohol and perhaps recreational drugs, then it may not turn up other drugs. It is a good idea to get a lawyer for your case anyway to try to either work out the best deal possible or to try the case for you if you don't want to accept a plea. If you can't afford to hire a lawyer you can apply for the public defender. Your lawyer can follow up with the lab that is handling the blood test to ensure that they test for the presence of other drugs like rohypnol and the like that are of the type used to drug people.
Hammer O'Justice and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you