How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a house from a person they did a quick claim deed

Customer Question

I bought a house from a person they did a quick claim deed I registerd it with the city didnt regester. with county they didnt pay the condo asoation fess went to sherff sale assotin bought the house the put a evucin notice on door is.there any way I can buy it.back I d.idnt no
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Jack R. replied 4 years ago.

Jack R. :

Hello, and Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Michigan provides homeowners the ability to redeem a property after a sheriff's sale (foreclosure). The redemption price is what the purchaser paid for the property along with costs for purchasing the property and interest on the money used to purchase the property. You can get an idea of how much needs to be paid by getting a copy of the Sheriff's Deed recorded wioth the County recorders office.

You need to redeem the property in a timely manner. If the property was occupied at time of sale you could have as little as 6 months to redeem the property. If the property was unoccupied you only have 1 month.

Jack R. :

Please make sure you rate my answer so I may get credit for the reposne. If you have follow up questions please ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its ben over 6 month

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its ben over 6.month