How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If an exgirlfriend is hacking into your web mail and making

This answer was rated:

If an exgirlfriend is hacking into your web mail and making blackmail threats of posting gay profiles on websites can I get a no contact order?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am very sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Can you please tell me if you have clear evidence of your ex hacking into your email accounts and also making blackmail threats against you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she used my computer a few times so she knew my passwords. she tried to change the email address on my facebook account and I was alerted.I copied down some of the threats and I can retrieve the rest.


What evidence do you have that it was in fact your ex who tried to hack into your accounts?

Also were the blackmail threats sent to you by email or how are they documented?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

first on facebook then by email
no one else knows my password XXXXX has a motive.


Thank you for your follow up.

You would need direct evidence that it was your ex who tried to hack into your facebook and then your email, not just circumstantial evidence that nobody else could have done it due to lack of knowledge of your password.

Also, you would have to provide court with the direct evidence of the blackmails from your ex, which shows that such threats came directly from her and once you have all of your evidence you would be able to report this blackmail / harassment to the police and also you would be able to file a petition with the local court for no-contact or restraining order.

I wish you the best of luck!

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks I believe I have the info copied that I need and will forward to the police. Even if they don't give me the no contact order it will be documentation that there is a problem and her further threats will compound it.


Thank you and please click on the "Excellent Service" rating, so I can receive credit for my answer. Bonus and positive feedback is always appreciated, but is not required. I wish you all the best.
Alex J. Esq. and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you