How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 116753
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Paul,I have spoken with you several times before about

This answer was rated:

Hi Paul, I have spoken with you several times before about problems with my attorney and his malpractice and also appeal bond issues for Texas JP court. An update, for the last three weeks my attorney still has not sent me my case file or done anything else on my case. I want to terminate him, but I need my case file and also he has agreed to pay for $600 in sanctions that were levied against us from the previous court. I pretty much caught him flat out lying about filing the appeal for for the sanctions so I think he believes that this absolves him of lying since technically I don't have any financial loss and he really didn't agree to a settlement fer me, he did for himself.


I spoke with the Texas Bar assistance line and they advised me to actually have him withdraw so I could explain what happened to the judge. He has been saying he was going to withdraw for weeks now but as usual has procrastinated in sending the withdrawal letter because he knows that i want a trial. He tells me to seek new counsel yet still not sending the case file to show them or the new agreement absolving me of liability for the sanctions.


I offered to settle with the other side but now they want 6k instead of 4k since they say they have done more work on the appeal case. Tomorrow they are going to file to increase the bond amount to the $8,000 and I know I will lose in jp court and have to file the inability to pay and fight it pro se in county court. The problem is I still do not have my case file or the letter. I want to fire him immediately but also want to make sure he is liable for the sanctions and I have my case file so I can see whats going on. Now i have this immediate deadline of the appeal bond hearing. He said that he would "represent" me if i could not found counsel before then but, I trust this guy absolutely zero.


If I fire him immediately, what is the process procedure wise with the court, and how can I make sure he is liable for the sanctions and getting  my case file back to get this thing taken care of as quick as possible?

Thank you for your new question and your update.

If he has not turned over your file, you now need to follow through on your threat to file your complaint to the state bar. If he is not responsive and gave you lip service about paying the sanction, it is time for you to get your complaint made so the bar can work to assist you in getting you your files that you need.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

and do you know what the process is to notify opposing counse as well as to notify the court properly?

also once I terminate my attorney, can I immediately serve discovery and request for admissions to the other side?

You would notify the court by a motion to dismiss counsel and you would send a copy of the motion to dismiss counsel when you file.

Once you submit your motion to dismiss your counsel, you can send the other party your request for production for the information you are seeking.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you