How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found an organization at Montana with the same name as the

This answer was rated:

I found an organization at Montana with the same name as the one in California. I called to see if they are affiliated and they are not. Is it illegal to have the same name and claim the same service as the one in Montana?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

It is legal to incorporate under the same name and offer the same service, as long as these two companies are located and incorporated in two different states.

It is actually quiet common and generally it is relatively easy to determine that the companies which have the same name are incorporated in two different states and list different people as their executive officers and are not in any way affiliated.

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you