Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Hello again. After one year, i would like to ask the same

Hello again. After one year, i...
Hello again.
After one year, i would like to ask the same legal question i asked 1 year ago.
This is because i don't know if copyright-infringement related laws might have changed, and i don't know where to find this information:
Here is the point:
I have developed a free App for Android devices. This app is currently in the Android Play Store and it's going very well. I gain some revenue through advertising banners in the app.
The App is a search engine that lets users search, listen and download music from existing public search engines.
My app does not contain copyrighted material, but potentially people can download copyrighted material into their device.
I have this EULA each user must agree beforeusing the app:

================
- This App is a search engine providing search results coming from popular free public search engines.
- This App provides the same functionalities any user can obtain by surfing the web and using the same search engines.
- This App does NOT contain or act as a spyware, unlike many similar apps (the required authorizations are minimal).
- This App allows users to obtain these results in an anonymous and safe way, bypassing any risk of contracting viruses or spyware,
which are often infesting these public search engines.
- This App does not contain any copyright-protected material or media.
- This App will not in any way collect any kind of data concerning users.
- This App and it's author are not responsible in any way of what the user does with the music that This App finds.
- The author reminds all users that downloading copyright protected music that is not owned by the user himself is illegal.
- The user only accepts sole responsibility for any use of the found songs, and the author of the This App application is not liable.
=================

I would like to understand if this is still legal, and possibly where can i find informations to understand if laws change, making my app become illegal.

Thank you.
5/9/2013
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

The laws have not changed since last year. You are not allowing people to download songs from your website and are not even acting as a file sharing site. Thus, you are not liable for what people do with your app as it is only a search engine. The copyright infringement is when you allow people to upload songs and download copyrighted songs from your site, which you are not doing, so you have no violations.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney