Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have essentiALLY a 2 page subpoena; one for the witness and

I have essentiALLY a 2 page subpoena; one for the witness and one for the server. Do I make copies of both filled in pages and send them to the Court and the DA's office?
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me. I hope you are well today.

Do I make copies of both filled in pages and send them to the Court and the DA's office?

Are you using pre-filled form? If so, which one - which number form?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a CR-125/JV-525

Thank you, friend.

After filling out the subpoena, you must take it to the clerk of the court. The clerk will look at the subpoena and may ask you a few questions. The clerk will the sign and stamp your Subpoena "Filed," and then you may serve the subpoena to the DA's office.

The Court itself normally does not need a copy, but, the clerk will tell you if they do or not at the time of stamping it.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Best of luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've already got blank subpoenas stamped and signed and dated by the court clerk. My question is, do I make copies of the subpoenas and give them to the DA?

Friend,

No, the original subpoena that you have stamped is sent to the DA, certified mail, return receipt requested... you make a copy for yourself.

I am not sure if you can subpoena the opposing party because subpoenas are meant for THIRD PARTIES that are not party to the matter, but it is worth a try since you seem already to be doing this...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how about taking them in to the DA's office tomorrow and personally delivering them?

Hello friend,

No, you must send them certified mail, I am afraid.