How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to regain possession of my 9 year old yorkie dog

This answer was rated:

I am trying to regain possession of my 9 year old yorkie dog from a rescue shelter.
I lost my housing and surrendered my dog but never signed any written
agreement. I have since gained stability housing ect, but even though my dog
is still posted on line for adoption they refuse to give me my dog and ignored
my letter of demand to return the dog. I reside n NJ the dog is located in AZ
the shelter LLC is in Tenn. the transfer of the dog was in AZ. What is the next
legal course of action to regain possession of my dog and in what jurisdiction?

JD 1992 :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and and I look forward to assisting you today.

The most logical method is to file an Application for Turnover Order in the area where they are located.

JD 1992 :

That would require you establishing that you have a superior right to possession of the dog than they have.

JD 1992 :

AZ would be where you need to file.



Dwayne B. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you