How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am undocumented. I own a vehicle thus registered to my name.

This answer was rated:

I am undocumented. I own a vehicle thus registered to my name. Was sold to me when my home country license was still valid. Close relative and friends drive it. I'm moving and I'm thinking of finally selling the car for money. I have no social security to apply for ID or Driver license with the DMV. A state ID (only an id) was issued to me but expired more than 5 years ago. Am i still required to submit change of address once I sold the car? this is in CA.

Thank you for your question.

You do not have to submit any forms. All you have to do is sign the title of the vehicle over to the buyer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. Just submitted my tip I hope you got it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just to be sure, im just moving a different address in california. So i don't have to submit change of address to DMV CA, because i don't own any vehicle upon selling nor have any identification with them?

That's correct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

You are welcome. Good Luck!