How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We operate cooperate adult foster care for the mentally ill

This answer was rated:

We operate cooperate adult foster care for the mentally ill in Minnesota. The daughter of one of our clients has been harassing our staff via phone for some time. We had the local advocate for these things help us complete a Harassment Restraining Order request and it was granted by the Judge. The problem howeve is it was only granted to me personally as I am the Director and the one who filled out the forms. My question is, is there a way for us to, as a business, to obtrain a Harassment Restraining Order and if needed an order regarding tresspass on this individual?

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with his person. The restraining order should have been requested in the name of your organization. It should have been written to bar contact with the organization's employees, including you by name and any other's who wished to be named. It could have included a bar against her trespassing upon your property and/or making phone calls to the organization and. or any of its employees. A lawyer should prepare both the petition nd the order.

I hope this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. I thank you for submitting your question to Pearl-Just Answer. We appreciate your business. If you need clarification or additional information, please send me a Reply and I will be happy to explain further. Please consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this information according to your state's laws.

Irwin Law and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you