How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was denial my concealed weapon carry on 06/22/2012 for the

Customer Question

I was denial my concealed weapon carry on 06/22/2012 for the reason they say is Deserter- Military on 07/28/1971. I never was charged with desertion from the military. I do not have a dishonorable discharge. I have a undesirable discharge. I have no criminal record. What can I do to get my concealed weapon license? James Yates
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and and I look forward to assisting you today.

The answer to this question is likely going to involve several alternatives, depending on the unique facts.

Who was the agency who issued the rejection?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What else do you need?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Kentucky State Police

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Usually you apply through the Sheriff of your county and the application is then sent to the State Police who make the decision. However, I have heard of a few cases where the denial is issued by the Sheriff's office rather than by the State Police. Do you know which one occurred in your case?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Kentucky State Police

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
The statutes prescribe specific methods for pursuing an appeal of the denial, but they start with filing the appeal with the State Police within 30 days. At this point you are going to have to do the following:

1) Get a copy of the dd-214. You can find out how at
2) Apply again for the CCW.
3) If it is denied again, then file your appeal within 30 days with the State Police, including the copy of the DD 214
4) If it is still denied then you must file a lawsuit in the District Court for the district where you reside within 90 days.

These are the methods set forth in the statute, 237.110.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread. When all of your questions have been answered, then I would ask that you give a Positive Rating (of course I'd suggest Excellent) since that is the only way I get credit for my work and also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. When looking at the answer I ask you to bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

However, please do not issue a rating of any kind until all of your questions have been answered and please use the Reply button to ask additional questions or to provide answers to my questions.