How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had someone to house sit my house while I was gone to work

This answer was rated:

I had someone to house sit my house while I was gone to work for 3 months . He had an elderly woman that was his mom that is 89 years old . I had written to him an told him to get out of my house by the time I got home . He said he was going to take me to court and sue me . I helped him find a place for him and his mom. But was wondering if He could sue me in any way. I had the police out here several times during the week I was home.
Dear JACUSTOMER - I see no basis for him to sue you. If you allowed him to house sit it was only for that purpose and not for a place to live with his mother and he would have no cause of action to sue you for asking him to leave once you returned. that would be the logical thing that would happen when anyone is house sitting on a temporary basis. So I am going to presume that this person has no idea what he's talking about and that there will be no suit. If he does file a suit you would have to defend it but I see no way he could win.
Dave Kennett and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you