How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

auto accident with only property damage. driver hit my car

This answer was rated:

auto accident with only property damage. driver hit my car driving a company vehicle, driver has a suspended license. Company insurance has a third party insurance who is handling the claim. When there is a dispute in the cost of the estimated damages, who do I sue? The company, the third party insurance? who?
Dear JACUSTOMER - You would have to sue the company that owned the vehicle. The insurance company was not a party to the accident so they are not the ones liable for the accident even though they may be paying for the damages. So if you cannot agree on what they offer you have to sue the company and then the insurance company would provide the legal representation to defend the suit. You can also name the driver as a co defendant but the company is going to be the one to cover the damages, whatever they may be.
Dave Kennett and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you