Thank you for the "Excellent Service" rating and the Bonus. You are not only thoughtful, generous and kind, but my match (almost) in Star Trek lore, LOL. Your Trek references aren't too bad, either. I never thought of myself as a Trekkie, just a keen observer who amasses useless trivia.
Did you say I have a great sense of humor ? Nobody gets my humor; so you must be not only brilliant, but you also have good taste.
Now, in Answer to your most important question - "Do Klingons never lie ?" No, it is the Ferengi who lie, all in the name of commerce and to increase wealth through commerce.
In a speech by Klingon Admiral beragha zantai qlIStIy, he said, among other things,
"...Klingons do not lie . That is a known fact. To lie would be to dishonor one`s self. If all Klingons do not lie then no Klingon would be expected to lie.........."
"We Klingons will tell the truth because we expect the truth and will treat one with honor because he expects Honor. If this is not the golden rule in action then what is?"
"...Lie to a Klingon and be forever dishonored. The dishonored have no expectation under the golden rule. Lie even once and you will never deserve the truth again!! This above all is the meaning of the Klingon proverb: ..........."Speak wisely or do not speak at all........."
"As a Klingon, each action you make, including speaking, holds a great prize in the balance. Your reputation, your life, your very being is at stake with every word or deed.... 'Act wisely or do not act at all'. The foremost Klingon wisdom is that of honor...'Act honorably or do not act at all'. Is this different from do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"
"Each of us must find our own honor in this life. We must not forsake the honor of our most noble Klingon race........."
Returning to the Twenty-First Century -
1. I am glad you took your mother to the police to file a report. I told you that they would say it is a civil matter, but that is okay, because there will be, or should be, a record of her attempt to file a police report;
2. I do not see the rationale of the former lawyer approving the Creedmore Attorney, especially since he was appointed by the Judge.. As for giving the mother a positive evaluation, just make sure he does not make any changes at the last minute;
3. I agree that the Judge should dismiss the sister's case when he receives two favorable evaluations and this is why I was strongly suggesting that the first order of business should be to have the Judge question the mother. However, two favorable evaluations are just as good, just keep an eye on the Evaluator because I do not trust him. Keep in mind that he sounded like he had already made up his mind about the mother's legal capacity and without ever evaluating her, he initially and quickly made the suggestion to separate the mother and the brother during the trial.
4. I would introduce into evidence the two Florida cases, representing the sister's two failed attempts in another Court and in another State to declare her mother mentally incompetent.
In fact, the mother's lawyer should absolutely introduce these dismissed Florida cases brought by the sister and the lawyer should argue that the sister's present case should be summarily and immediately dismissed on the Principle of "Res Judicata". This is the civil equivalent of the principle prohibiting "Double Jeopardy" in criminal matters. The Principle of Res Judicata prohibits a party from relitigating the same case involving the same parties and the same issues, simply because they did not like the result achieved in the Court in which the case was first tried.
5. If I remember correctly, I had suggested that the sister's finances be investigated to show what her real motives were and that she was always motivated by her mother's money; So, you can understand how really glad I am to hear that you found a letter from the sister telling you of her financial woes and her husband's inability to hold on to a job.
6. I think the appropriate statement to the Judge is, not "Look at us, your Honor, How we doing?", But rather, "Look at us, yo' Honor, How we doin', yo' Judgeship ?" (Just kidding, please do not say that to the Judge and then say that a female Attorney whose name begins with "A", told you that's how Judges want to be addressed);
7. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the mother and the brother should pursue the sister by filing a lawsuit against her for slander and defamation of character. She has done tremendous harm to her mother with this lawsuit and hurt her deeply. I can only imagine what the poor mother would be feeling if she had to listen to her daughter take the stand and tell all sorts of lies about her mother's mental incapacity.
8. Your closing paragraph is fine, but I would stress the sister's lies, not the fact that she filed a Petition to declare her mother incompetent, and here is why - There are thousands of cases where a child is actually taking financial advantage of a parent and another child sees this so he or she will file suit to remove the abuser from the mother's life. These actions are brought in good faith because there really is abuse. Therefore, I think it is more important to stress the very real fact that the sister brought this action in bad faith because she based her entire case on fabricated stories and you can easily prove bad faith because you will have introduced the two Florida cases which she brought for the same purpose and which were dismissed.
Please keep me apprised of the progress of the case and Please let me know how the Judge ultimately decides the case,
Live long and prosper, my friend,