How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Gave a contractor $1000.00 deposit for work to be done in

This answer was rated:

Gave a contractor $1000.00 deposit for work to be done in my home. He did nothing as per our written contract. I filed a civil complaint and was granted a judgement as he did not appear in court to answer the complaint. I currently have a lien against his property. I now want to file a criminal complaint against this swine. The judgement was granted me in February of 2013 in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I have the complaint form the courts, however I need the "Section" and "Sub-section" of the applicable Pennsylvania statute. I believe that: (A), a fraud was perpetrated on me by agreeing to provide services he could not provide. (B) He obtained monies under false pretenses. Can you provide me with the this information? Either (A) or (B).
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

Please find below the link to the PA statute that would appear to be most appropriate under the facts you have described:

I wish you the best of luck!
Alex J. Esq. and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions