Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to file a Peition with the Court for Relief from the

Claims Requirement. It is all...
I need to file a Peition with the Court for Relief from the Claims Requirement. It is all ready to go. That is not the question. My question is procedural. What do I need to do to get this filed, get a hearing date. Step by step. What is the fee? Thank you.
5/5/2013
Fran-mod
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

will wait

Wendy-Mod
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney

Are you in Superior Court?

Also, can you please give me a little more background on what this is about?

Yes, superior court. Government claim . Auto accident. Claim made against govt entity one. timely. Denied. Got letter from rep of entity that we had filed the claim against the only entity needed and that we did it timely. Later got police report which showed the responsible party, believe it or not, was another govt entity which hit the other govt entity. Made claim vs. second entity but was late.
Did Appl for Leave. Denied. Now must file Petition. It is ready. So what is the cost and I want to make sure I miss no local requirements. San Bernardino Superior Court

I'm confused as to whether this is your initial pleading with the court, or if it is a motion. Can you please provide me with your case number XXXXX I can look your case up on line and see where you are at procedurally?

Case not filed. This would be the first paper.

Thank you.

Since this is the first paper that will be filed, the filing fee will be $450.00.

To get a hearing date, you will need to contact the court's clerk and ask for a date to be set for the hearing. Ask the court clerk whether they want you to file a notice for the hearing with the court.
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
I apologize. The filing fee is actually $435.00
TexLaw
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney