Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

i live in phoenix arizona having trouble with my land lord

i live in phoenix arizona having trouble with my land lord i want to serve him a intent to sue letter can i serve it to him personaly or can a friend do it or do i need a pro company. thanks bill

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

There is no specific way to serve such letter of intent to sue, but it is important to serve it in a way that can document that the letter was served, in case of future lawsuit (the letter of intent to sue is not required to file a lawsuit, but can show good faith on behalf of the plaintiff).

The intent to sue letter can be mailed by certified mail with return receipt required, for your records and that is generally is the most efficient way to serve such notice.

I wish you the best of luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WHAT ABOUT SERVING THE LANDLORD WITH VIOLATIONS FROM THE ARIZONA REVISED STATUES A.R,S. ARE STATE LAWS, THESE ARE LAWS FROM THE MOBILE HOME PARKS LANDLORD/TENANT ACT, I WANT TO SERVE THE VIOLATIONS TO LANDLORD AND I NEED PROOF SHE RECIEVED THEM

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

UNDERSTAND ABOUT MY INTENT TO SUE LETTER BEING CERTIFIED MAIL, BUT I ALSO WANT TO INFORM THE LANDLORD OF HER BREAKING THE LAW THE ARIZONA REVISED STATUES UNDER THE MOBILE HOME PARKS LANDLORD/TENANT ACT, SO YOU ARE TELLING ME BY SERVING THESE DOCUMENTS THROUGH CERTIFIED MAIL IT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE COURTS TO SEE I SERVED HER FIRST.... THANKS BILL

Thank you for your follow up.

You can also serve a notice of violations to the landlord by certified mail with
Return receipt requested.

I wish you the best of luck.