How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wrongfully arrested and also wrongful jursidication for

This answer was rated:

I was wrongfully arrested and also wrongful jursidication for a violation of an order of protection that was never served to me, by supposingly sending text message. I was 20 for 20 hours then released. I believe this was a ploy by my ex, girlfriend and attorney to attempt to kidnap my girls. I want to file a federal lawsuit they came to my place of employment to pick me up, caused a lot of emotional as well as physical stress. I have papers ready to file just want to know if this is something i should pursue.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

It is certainly possible that you can sue for abuse of process, malicious prosecution, unlawful detainer, false imprisonment and possibly other claims as well.

Thus, if you can prove what you're saying here - - especially that you were never served with the protective order - - then you should have grounds to pursue this. If possible, you should consider consulting a local attorney or even a legal aid office for assistance in drafting and filing your pleadings to make sure that you're doing everything you can to put the best case forward.

Roger and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you