How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 794
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently had consenting sex with a man who I thought was

This answer was rated:

I recently had consenting sex with a man who I thought was 22 years old, I am 24. I currently reside in Colorado. A week after our encounter I received threatening messages from his alleged GirlFriend saying he was 17, taped our encounter and she planned to distribute the tape to friends and family etc. I have saved all the threatening messages she has sent to me. If I receive confirmation that she has distributed this tape without my release or consent am I able to file a civil suit against him and her even if he is underage and I was not aware? What are my specific rights? I believe its legal for him to tape me (other then it would be considered child porn if he really is underage) but not to send out the video without my consent or knowledge please help?!

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

The age of consent in Colorado is 17. So you have nothing to worry about as far his being mistaken about his age.

Making a video of what you have described of a minor (defined as a person under the age of 18) is a federal criminal offense which carries a mandatory 15 years in federal prison. While you may have a civil claim against them for secretly recording you without your knowledge, you should be more concerned about someone thinking you knew the recording was being made and wanting to to file charges against you for producing child pornography.

I suggest that consult with an attorney who is experienced in dealing with federal child pornography cases, explain to him in detail what has occurred. Also provide him with all the emails and other messages you have. He will be able to best advise you as to how report the criminal conduct of the individuals in Colorado while protecting your interest.

I understand that you may be surprised at my answer, and most likely have more questions which you may want to ask. Please remember that what you post in the forum is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client privilege. You will best served to meet with an attorney and discuss your situation in a confidential setting.
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

LegalEagle1 and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions