How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118635
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for PaulMJD, if he is on. My question is- I have

This answer was rated:

I am looking for PaulMJD, if he is on. My question is- I have sued a neighbor over blocking my easement property which was a turnaround for my vehicles. I live at the end of a dead end street. A supreme court judge ruled in my favor and order the removal of all obstructions, including their gravel driveway. Now they have 30 days to appeal. I thought you could only appeal a supreme court order if there was a wrong doing not just because you lost. I wanted to know, do you need permission to appeal and how long might this drag on before we get the answer. the supreme court judge said our easement is a legally recorded instrument that cannot be disputed since they took the property in 2007 subject to our right of way.
thank you,
Thank you for your question and for coming back asking for me.

A person may appeal any final judgment and to appeal they have to raise either reversable error or abuse of discretion. People make up all sorts of alleged errors to appeal and in the appeal if you prove the appeal is frivolous then you can seek attorney's fees for the cost of the appeal and you need to request if they appeal that the Supreme Court order an appeal bond to cover any attorney's fees for the frivolous appeal.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me how long this usually takes? Does the appellate system give notice of whether they will allow the appeal quickly or will this hold up my judgement until the appeal is settled? I guess they only have to June 3. But I was hoping the obstructions would have to be removed by then.

Thank you for your response.

Generally, if they appeal, you have 30 days to answer the appeal so that is 60 days from date of judgment. Then depending on how busy the appeals division is when they get the appeal, it could take 3-12 more months and any damages you suffer during that time you can file a motion in the appeals court to award you if their appeal is found to be frivolous.