How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking into housingI need to findwhat my rights are.My

Customer Question

I am looking into housingI need to findwhat my rights are.My appartment is not up to code by far, I have no heat the windows just slam down my only sorce of heat is my oven other tenents here are also in housing court.It" come to our attention theres no insurance for this building it is been half badly burnt from a fire @ never been fixed 10 years now, and never made safe.Now she is trying to strong arm me for more rent, but she is not fixing anything.this address is not occupent apruved and being disabled I need some legal advise. there are also no railings for the second floor stairs. im not sure you can help me. could you please get back to me.I"m looking into housing' but she wants me out now with no written letter or notice at all [could there be some way to let her know that scraring me is not right with no insurance lease or money trails she will only take cash thers no proof or paper trail someone should inspect this landlord other tenents are taking her to housing court . My phone number is XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Have you contacted the local Code Enforcement or Housing Inspector with your concerns?